UK Community Tree Planting Programme
Want to plant trees in your area?
If your region of the UK is on the list below and you know/are a community group who want to plant trees – apply!
We support tree planting globally but also locally! We’re based in Oxford and we need more trees here too! We have up to £1,000 per project to support one-year projects in the following areas:
Oxfordshire, Berkshire, Buckinghamshire, Northamptonshire, Warwickshire, Gloucestershire, Wiltshire and Hampshire.
The Programme supports community projects that will:
- Conserve, restore and protect indigenous trees and woodlands, forests, habitats and associated biodiversity
- Support community engagement in tree planting to promote reforestation and to increase awareness of the importance of trees and forests to environmental and human well-being
- Encourage social cohesion and inclusion
To be eligible for funding from this round of the UK Community Tree Planting Programme your organisation must be community-based e.g. a school, community group or non-governmental organisation and you must have signed permission from the owner or manager of the land indicating that your project meets legal requirements.
ITF’s priorities are to support community-based tree planting initiatives in Oxfordshire, Berkshire, Buckinghamshire, Northamptonshire, Warwickshire, Gloucestershire, Wiltshire and Hampshire that:
- Plant and conserve indigenous tree species in publicly accessible sites
- Engage community members in tree planting and enjoying the benefits of woodlands
- Have clear plans for maintenance and sustainability