Women in Development and Environment (WorldWIDE Network: Nigeria) is a non-governmental development organization established in Nigeria in 1997 with the aim of encouraging women from all walks of life to share information and help create solutions for environmental and development problems.
WorldWIDE Network has worked in more than 33 States spread across the six geopolitical zones in Nigeria. Program focus includes:
a) Environment, Water and Sanitation Programs
b) Peace, Democracy and Governance Program
c) Gender and Women’s Rights Program
d) Agriculture / Enterprise Development Program
e) HIV/AIDS and Reproductive Health Program
f) Research, Monitoring and Evaluation.
Some projects and activities carried out include:
- Training workshops on Environmental management and Solid Waste compost for Women Groups, Community Artisans, Youth Clubs Teachers and Government Officials for the seven WES states in Zone A.
- Establishment of Nursery of Fruit Trees Planting stock project in 10 communities in Enugu State.
- Post harvest storage and improved planting techniques training for women in Enugu state.
- Capacity building Project on Gender and Establishment of Nursery of Fruit trees planting stock, in 5 communities in Anambra state.
- Skills development and training for youths to start and manage small and medium scale enterprises in Enugu and Anambra states.
- Training workshops for sanitation and hygiene education workshops for sanitation officers in the 7 States.
- Training on rainwater harvesting and maintenance of water sources for women groups in Anambra and Enugu states.
- Elimination of harmful traditional practices and women in governance project, in 5 communities in Enugu.
- HIV/AIDS and Reproductive Health Projects for youths in Abia, Ebonyi, Imo, Anambra and Enugu States, Nigeria.
- State CSO that monitored and evaluated MDG projects and programs in Ebonyi State.
- Enhancing Equal Participation in decision making project in Anambra State.